Apr 17, 2014

The chevron dress... again


We attended a wedding this weekend, and I found myself in panic over what to wear. So I thought of sewing a new dress, I even bought a fabric for it, but gave up since I realized I was too tired (still recovering from the Zlata skirt sewalong, it dried out my energy) to push myself to make an advanced level dress (the dress should have had interesting details made of a see through tulle). When I'm tired and forcing myself to sew, it's like I'm waiting for a disaster to happen - the experience thought me it's better to stop than to make one mistake after another.

Since I decided not to sew, it occurred to me I could buy a dress, but none of the dresses I found were good enough - they were OK, but made me think I would make them myself much better. It also reminded me of why I almost completely stopped buying new clothes.

Since buying a dress was not an option, I was left thinking I had nothing to wear, since all the dresses I made in the past few years became too small as I've gained a lot of weight. And then I had an a-ha moment - there was a dress that fit me, suitable for the occasion, and that I haven't had a chance to wear yet.

Štepalica: The chevron dress

Štepalica: The chevron dress

Štepalica: The chevron dress

While wearing the dress I noticed an issue with it - the pockets on the dress stand open, due to the stiff fabric the dress is made of (taffeta), making the dress not look quite flattering when looked from the side. Also, when I sit, the skirt rises up and all the fabric is gathered at the waist, making a huge bulk over my stomach - not pretty. I think the dress would fit me much better if the pockets were closed, so I'll try to alter it.
Other than that, the dress is really comfortable, and I actually like it.

Štepalica: The chevron dress

The weather has been changing these days, with sunny and rainy periods swapping during the day, I needed a jacket to wear over the dress, and the Chanel coat seemed to be a perfect match. I only have these two pics to show you the whole outfit, but I think they're good enough.

Štepalica: The chevron dress

Štepalica: The chevron dress


Related posts

8 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha. I love the playful shots of you two. The dress is beautiful. As usual...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savršena je haljina, nije jednostavno uklapati te pruge. Kao devojka, imala sam sličnu, baš sam je volela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Snezana! Kod uklapanja pruga najveci posao lezi u krojenju materijala, ali ja sam nasla sistem koji i ovaj posao cini laksim.

      Delete
  3. Love the dress. You and your hubby are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete