Jun 3, 2013

Nugat haljina, varijacija #2 / Nougat dress, variation #2

Konačno imam lepe slike da vam pokažem, kao i novu haljinu, koja već duže vreme čeka da bude uslikana. Pride, imam i zanimvljive vesti koje želim da podelim sa vama.

Finally, I have some nice pictures to show you, as well as a new dress that's been waiting for awhile to be photographed. Additionally, I have some interesting news to share with you.

Nakon veoma inspirativnog kursa kod Shingo Sato-a, koji sam pohadjala prošle godine, rešila sam da načinim novi korak u svojoj karijeri i oprobam se u prodaji sopstvenih krojeva. Trenutno još uvek radim na rešavanju infrastrukturnih i logističkih problema, tako da ćete naknadno biti obavešteni o svim detaljima koji se budu ticali mojih krojeva. Glavni pečat mojih krojeva biće neobični detalji i kroj, na koje ste već navikli prateći moj rad.
Ipak, jedna bitna stvar je izvesna - prvi kroj koji ću izdati biće Nugat haljina,  jedna od mojih najboljih kreacija sa TR Masterclass kursa. Kroj nudi tri varijacije haljine, prikladne za različite nivoe krojačknog umeća, pri čemu je originalna haljina varijacija #1, a haljina koju vam sada predstavljam je varijacija broj 2.

After attending the inspiring Shingo Sato's TR Masterclass last year, I decided to make a new step in my career and start selling my patterns. I'm still working on solving infrastructural and logistics problems, so you'll be subsequently informed of all the details related to my patterns. My patterns will be characterized by unusual details and cut, to which you are accustomed if you follow my fork.
However, one thing is quite certain - the first pattern I'm going to publish will be the Nougat dress, one of my best creations from the TR Masterclass. The pattern offers three variations, suitable for different sewing skill levels, where the original dress represents the variation #1, and the dress I'm showing you today is the variation #2.



Osnovni oblik originalne haljine sam zadržala, ali je kroj dosta pojednostavljen. Glavni ukras haljine - centralni romb sa spiralnim naborima - je naglašen korišćenjem dva kontrastna materijala. Suknja se lagano širi prema porubu, i sastavljena je od dva sloja tkanine, što ovu lepršavu haljinu čini još zanimljivijom. Panel na struku je asimetričan, dajući haljini još jedan interesantan detalj. Leđa su jednostavnog kroja, sa vertikalnim brusnama i centralnim leđnim šavom, pa haljina lepo prati telo u gornjem delu.

A basic shape of the dress is identical to the shape of the original, but the pattern is quite simplified. The main ornament of the dress - the central diamond with spiral gathers - is emphasized by using two contrasting fabrics. The skirt slightly flares down, and it's made of two layers of fabric, thus making this flowy dress more interesting. The waist yoke is asymmetrical, giving the dress another interesting detail. The back has simple pattern, with vertical darts and center back seam, making the dress fit your upper body nicely.




Haljina je zapravo sašivena od jednog materijala, koji ima prelaz od krupnih ka sitnijim tufnama od jedne ka drugoj ivici. U pitanju je sintetički muslin, koji je idealan za pravljenje nabora na rombu (u ovom slučaju, posebno sam vodila računa o tome da haljina bude jednostavna za održavanje - muslin se ne gužva, divno se drapira, i ima mek pad, tako da se haljina može prati u veš mašini, a nabrani romb neće zadavati glavobolje prilikom raspeglavanja).
Halina je kompletno postavljena viskozom u bež-sivoj boji. 

The dress was actually made using a single fabric, that has large polka dots on one side and small on the other. I used a synthetic chiffon, which is ideal for making gathers on the central diamond (I wanted to make the dress practical and easy for maintaining - the chiffon doesn't wrinkle at all, it drapes beautifully, and has soft flow, so the dress can be washed in a washing machine, and the gathered diamond won't give you headaches while pressing).
The dress is completely lined with beige-gray viscose.





Slike su uslikane u prelepom Novom Sadu, gde smo muž i ja išli na svadbu.  Nugat haljina je bila idealna za ovu priliku - elegantna i udobna, nije se zgužvala čak ni nakon jednoipočasovne vožnje kolima, i predivno je lepršala oko mene dok sam igrala. 
Uz blejzer ili kardigan, Nugat haljina bi se odlično uklopila i kao poslovna garderoba.

The pictures were taken in gorgeous Novi Sad (a city in Vojvodina, northern Serbia), where my husband and I went for a wedding. The Nougat dress was perfect for this occasion - it was elegant and comfortable, it didn't wrinkle even after one and a half car ride, and it flowed around me beautifully as I danced.
With a blazer or cardigan, Nougat dress would make a perfect office appropriate garment.


14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dress! I was wondering if you were going to start selling your designs. You are such a talented designer. Congratulations!!! Is Georgette hard to work with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! I've been thinking about starting my pattern line for years now, but I feel now is the time to do so. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
      Regarding Georgette (my fabric isn't quite a Georgette, but it's similar) - I don't find it particularly difficult to work with. The hardest part is cutting the fabric, actually. And, while I've read a bunch of tutorials that recommend sandwiching the fabric between two sheets of tissue paper, I've been cutting the fabric as I would cut any other. It is a bit slippery, but pinning or basting solves the problem. What I like about this type of fabric is that it's forgiving when it comes to minor fitting issues.

      Delete
  2. Stunning dress Ana!! I am so happy to hear you will start selling your patterns! I wish you much success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jodi! I remember you asked me a while back about publishing my patterns. I've finally found a way to do so, so here we go... :)

      Delete
  3. Draga Ana, hvala ti na ovom savetu za sečenje tankih materijala koji jednostavno beže od osnovnog oblika kroja. Volela bih da napišeš jedan post o tome kako si se uključila u TR cutting school, jer pratila sam tvoje radove u toku kursa, ali ne znam, možda mi je promaklo, da li si napisala kako si se uključila u sam kurs i koliko ti je to stvarno značilo.
    Haljina koju si nam sad predstavila, zaista je divna. Bilo bi stvarno super da svoju kreativnost pretvoriš i u posao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cao Ankice, hvala ti na divnim recima podrske :).
      Sto se tice kursa, mozes procitati ovaj post, gde sam opisala kako sam se upisala na isti. Prosla sam kroz par peripetija da bih stigla da prvi zadatak odradim na vreme, ali sam, ocigledno, uspela da se snadjem :).

      http://stepalica.blogspot.com/2012/11/transformation-reconstruction.html

      Delete
  4. Oh I am SO happy to see someone starting to sell patterns that are actually for advanced/intermediate seamstresses! All of them seem to be the same basic, beginner shapes over and over, and well, I could draft those myself!

    Also, I squealed with delight to see you're in Novi Sad! My husband and I travelled there quite a few times for the EXIT festival, and we have fond memories of being there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! My intention is to offer patterns that are stylish, feminine, but a bit unusual. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from my readers for this kind of patterns, so I felt it was a right decision. I'll try to offer some simpler patterns, but I assure you they won't be mere basics ;). Wish me luck!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6/04/2013

    Haljina je divna,. Jedva cekam da pocnes da prodajes svoje krojeve. Veliki pozdrav
    Mirjana :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) divna ti je haljinica.. i bas si me obradovala s tom vescu - bilo je krajnje vreme da se i kod nas pojavi neko ko ce praviti zanimljive krojeve, a drago mi je da si taj neko bas ti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huuuh, hvala ti! Ambvivalentan osecaj me prati ovih dana - istovremeno sam jako sigurna da ce se krojevi prodavati, ali samouverenost ne umanjuje tremu pred novim poduhvatom. Ova ideja mi se mota po glavi jako dugo, i znam da moram makar da probam da je realizujem, jer cu se u suprotnom vecito pitati sta bi bilo kad bi bilo...

      Delete
    2. To bi bio pun pogodak, ali časna reč.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your next career move! You are such a talented designer and pattern maker and I am continuously astounded by your great work, that selling your own pattern designs seems like a next logical step! I think it's also great that you are trying to sell patterns with a bit of a twist - even if more difficult. There are a lot of more advanced sewists out there who'd love a challenge. Good luck with your new endeavour!

    ReplyDelete